DAY 22: A HEART FOR OBEDIENCE

"I delight to do Thy will, O my God: yea, Thy law is within my heart." (Psalm 40:8)


 When we are faithful to observe God’s instruction for our lives, then He is faithful to bless us as only He can. The key here is obedience, the pattern of never falling away. It is our obedience that is divinely rewarded. It is our obedience that honors our God. Instead of taking action in obedience, some people say, “Well, I’m just waiting on the Lord to show me what I’m supposed to do. When He shows me, then I’ll do it.” These people are praying with no intention of getting right with God. God is actually waiting on us most of the time. He’s waiting on us to pray, to get up from that place of prayer, and to act in the power of the Holy Spirit. Are you praying diligently and then responding to what God calls you to do? Where can you be more obedient to God’s call in your life? Has He placed a specific area of service on your heart? Use your prayer time today to ask God how He wants to use you in the work of His kingdom.